Monday, November 12, 2007

11/12/07 Running and thinking (E.R)

Sometimes when I'm running I'll plan a distance to run, register the turn around point in my head and completely run past it. Such a thing happened today I ran right past my 3 mile turn around point. I didn't realize my mistake until I was almost to my 4 mile turn around, so I continued to the 4 mile turn around.

This experience is actually quite nice as it means two things:

  1. I'm feeling quite comfortable with my conditioning (I don't have to wonder if I'm going to pass out).

  2. I'm able to concentrate on a subject at hand (or mind) and give it my full attention.

As for giving a subject my full attention, I find that I am most creative while running which is nice. Too bad I can't channel into that all the time.

Anyway, it was a nice run, the temperature is starting to cool down--36F with a slight southern breeze.

Next workout: 11/13/07 arms weight routine and 4 mile run.

No comments: