Tuesday, November 13, 2007

11/13/07 Running on empty (E.R)

In one of my favorite episodes of Seinfeld, Kramer is taking a test drive of a car he has no interest in buying. He keeps driving it further and further with the salesman in the passenger seat. The salesman notices that they are quickly running out of fuel and suggests repeatedly that they stop and get gas. Kramer refuses each request saying that part of the fun and excitement of the ride is wondering if they are going to make it or not. This was me today.

For one reason or another, I had a very busy day and didn't eat or drink very much, then tonight I did a 4 mile interval run. By the time I was finished with my run, my head was swaying and I wasn't sure I was going to make it back into my house. I eventually did after sitting on the front porch for about 10 minutes getting my balance.

When the car eventually ran out of gas on the freeway, Kramer decided he was done with the test drive, got out and hailed a cab leaving the salesman alone with the problem. I was the salesman sitting on the porch.

No comments: