Friday, October 26, 2007

Off the Treadmill! 10/26/07

Today I decided to go to the local high school and run on the track for a change. I was worried about it but it was really nice to be outside running. I am running for 5 minutes and walking for 2.5 minutes. I continue that pattern four times.

I was able to run 9 laps in 30 minutes. Nothing to brag about but I was outside for the first time and my knee held up better than I had hoped. Towards the end of my run there was a little pain, but I think as I take it slowly it will get better.

This past week I used the elliptical and the bike one night and my legs are definitely telling me I used some different muscles.

Well I'm going on vacation for 4 days so that always puts training on hold. I think it might be good to get a little break because I've pushed it fairly hard this week and sometimes a few days off seems to be just what I need.